We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Guide: Surviving a Zombie Attack
So, you're in a room full of zombies. What now? First, figure out what zombies you're up against.
- Fast Zombies: Best dispatched with 2 or 3 headshots. If they are at the back of a big group, wait until they are at the front before shooting.
- Slow Zombies: If possible, use melee to kill them. The best tactic is to punch them, then run away until you can repeat. It usually takes a few hits, but it conserves ammo for Fast Zombies.
- Armored Zombies: The fastest method is a punch followed by a headshot. If you are out of ammo, simply punch him multiple times.
- Fire Zombies: Get as far away as possible before shooting. The explosion can take more than 2 thirds of your health, so make sure you don't use melee. If he is in a group, killing him will also blow up most zombies near him.
- Tentacle/Hair Zombies: Shoot them. Melee will be the worst idea ever. If you only have one shot, use it on these.
- Huge Zombies: A fully charged melee attack is not enough to kill them, so make sure you have a few rounds spare. Other than that, melee all the way.
Now you know how to kill each type of zombie. However, there are some tactics that are universal, such as:
- Laddering: Stay on a ladder, shoot the zombies, then climb up a little. As long as your feet are above their heads, they won't notice you. Just wait until they've gone away and repeat.
- Fire Bombing: If a Fire Zombie is present, shoot him and run away as fast as you can. He'll then explode and kill all Zombies near him.